When investing via a convertible loan you will receive a discount once your investment converts to shares. This is to reward you for already investing earlier. This means you will receive more shares for your investment, than a follow investor will receive for the same amount. This discount will be 30% if conversion is in the first year, 20% if conversion is later than 1 year but within 18 months, and 30% if conversion is later than 18 months after closing the convertible loan. Only if the conversion is within 3 months after closing the convertible loan, there is no discount
Articles in this section
- What are the rights of investors once they have a share in the business (A certificate in the STAK)?
- Via which legal structure will investors convert to shares in a business?
- When I want to invest in a business, can I decide if I want to invest via a convertible loan, or invest via straight equity?
- What happens when a business I have invested in does not reach the set goal amount for the crowdfunding campaign?
- What happens when at the end of the duration of the loan, no follow-up investor invested and hence no conversion moment occurred?
- As an investor in a convertible loan, can I decide whether or not to convert my investment to shares in the business?
- How is the interest rate for the convertible loan set?
- What is the duration of a convertible loan
- When will I receive interest on my investment in a convertible loan?
- How much interest will I receive when investing in a convertible loan?