Symbid is not a 'gatekeeper' - in theory, anybody can create an investment opportunity on the platform. However, our experienced campaign management team does assess every investment opportunity on whether it is ready to go online or not. This is a proposition and/or the people behind it. Here are some tips for finding legitimacy for a listed idea or entrepreneur:
- Google! Do a background check on entrepreneur's name and/or the business.
- Check the entrepreneur's LinkedIn profile. Look up their job history, skills and connections. Bear in mind that this can be faked. An added video on the ideapage can help to get to know the entrepreneur. Don't be afraid to contact the entrepreneur directly if you have any questions.
- Check whether the entrepreneur him-/herself has invested in their own investment opportunity and whether there are plenty of other investors and followers.
- Read the business plan! Try to invest in things you understand. Of course you're free to invest in popular investment opportunities, but understanding your investments will generally lead to a better investment portfolio.
- Use common sense, things that seem to good to be true probably are.