No, investing in the equity of a start-up is seen as high-risk. In most cases the money you invest will not be paid back. The goal of this type of investments is to make several and hope that the profits of one will compensate for losses in another. Unfortunately there’s no guarantee that you’ll invest in a successful business and it’s possible that you’ll only make losses.
Articles in this section
- Should I invest with borrowed money?
- Is it sensible to invest my money in one investment opportunity or is it better to spread it over multiple opportunities?
- Should I invest all of my money?
- What are the biggest risks involved when investing in a start-up?
- Is it possible to lose more than my initial investment?
- Is it safe to invest in small businesses via loan crowdunding?
- Is it safe to invest in start-ups and small businesses via equity crowdfunding?