Once the funding target is reached, it is no longer possible to withdraw your investment. Depending on the funding amount, there may be a due diligence process undertaken by BDO in the interests of the investors. The process looks as follows:
- The business presents their investment opportunity on the platform
- Once its fully funded, it’s no longer possible to invest or withdraw an investment
- Symbid contacts the business in order to create the required legal structure, the investment cooperative
- Dependent upon the funding target BDO conducts due diligence in the interests of the investors
- All investors are bundled into an investment cooperative
- A shareholding in the business is sold for the stated funding amount. Whether part of the business’ existing legal entity is sold or new shares are issued depends on the status of the business
- The entrepreneur and their investors gain access to a secure environment where they can collaborate and share knowledge regarding the business: this is called the Inner Circle.