Absolutely not. We strongly recommend that you invest most of your money in safer, more liquid assets, such as mutual funds, bonds and bank deposits. As a rule of thumb, active angel investors tend to invest no more than between 5% and 10% of their money in start-ups. Whatever proportion of your money you choose to invest, the most important thing is that you can afford to lose all of it.
Articles in this section
- Should I invest with borrowed money?
- Is it sensible to invest my money in one investment opportunity or is it better to spread it over multiple opportunities?
- Should I invest all of my money?
- What are the biggest risks involved when investing in a start-up?
- Is it possible to lose more than my initial investment?
- Is it safe to invest in small businesses via loan crowdunding?
- Is it safe to invest in start-ups and small businesses via equity crowdfunding?